Friday, May 16, 2008

puerto rico - day 3


I traveled across the island on my third day in Puerto Rico to see the popular surf town of Rincon. Located at the westernmost corner of the Island (over a two hour drive from San Juan) this beach town is known for it waves, sun bathing beaches, as well as for being secluded and laid back. Rincon feels like you've found a little coastal, funky town in Hawaii, but with a Spanish flair. I loved the palm trees and tropical vegetation on the beach, but the sand is very dark and grainy, which makes the water look slightly brown. I wasn't fond of any of the beaches I saw. Although I loved the mango trees and all the greenery, this small town wasn't what the concierge at the Ritz made it out to be. Another frustration was finding food, as nothing seems to be open from 2:30 PM to 7 PM.

I still love Puerto Rico. But for now, I'm sticking with San Juan or the eastern side of the Island.

No comments: